Saturday, October 2, 2010

Leopold the Lion King! Our Vegan Baby...


From Anita:
Leo is already 10 weeks old!

The birth was actually a wonderful experience. Although I dearly wanted a water birth at the Weslaco Holy Family Birthing Center, I ended up developing preeclampsia at 39 weeks. So off to the hospital. I was induced beginning at 5 am. Was finally given Nubain (a mild painkiller) at 3:30ish and delivered Leo by 4:59 pm - no c-section, no episiotomy, no epidural. I was so freaking proud of myself! Leopold Doss was given a APGAR score of 9, weighed in at 7lbs and 6 oz and was 21 1/4 inches. Very healthy boy!

He has been breastfeeding nearly exclusively for his ten weeks so far. He weighed in at 11 lbs 10 oz at his 2 month exam! He smiles and coos a lot. We are so proud!

Once we get him on solids - I am sure we will have more vegan stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment