Sunday, July 3, 2016

One blunder after the other complicating my barbecue plans

Secular gods are conspiring against my Fourth of July barbecue. I somehow totally screwed up my batch of seitan for tomorrow's brisket. I added way too much liquid, convinced I could cook it out. Nope. And I never mess up seitan! I decided to make a second batch, but I ran out of several ingredients, so I had to go back to the HEB. I went to the store and did not get what I went there for. So, I had to go back again. Finally, everything was situated, and I started making the next batch and turned on the oven to preheat, which smoked really bad. Now, I have to wait for the oven to cool and clean whatever caused it to smoke, which probably has something to do with that first batch of seitan. Eventually, I will get this seitan done. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment