Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Simply Awesome: Resurrecting the New Farm Cookbook

A while back, I realized that Isa Chandra Moskowitz had been appropriating recipes from the classic New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. Some of the recipes are too similar with only tiny modifications. I'm not denying Moskowitz's genius. She has singlehandedly revolutionized vegan cooking, but I thought I needed to give attention to this neglected older cookbook. One of the recipes that is similar is the cheesy sauce. I decided to try the New Farm version tonight (so freaking easy). I made mac and no cheese with it (nut free!). It tastes exactly like Wheatsville's mac and no cheese, which is so awesome. I also added cooked kale and crimini mushrooms. My four-year-old son, exaggerating, said he'd love for me to make this every day. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment